Monday, January 05, 2009

new year. new blog layout. the old style was ok in its minimalism. but it grew the hell on me. so i changed it to a more tan feel. i thought about this on our drive home from new hampshire. thought into action, that is my motto this year. i can also cross off an item from the "to do-and nine" [like saying two thousand and nine] list which was "buy the first roger daltrey solo record". done, and done. it was a very successful belated birthday record store run. lots of classic rock and mexican country records. something with the song title: you're the reason our kids are ugly.

portsmouth new hampshire is the shit. that's street lingo for "dandy"

now, this week becca klaver's chapbook hits the printer. got the cover paper in the mail on saturday. almost have brooklyn copeland's and kathryn regina's chaps all formatted. so those will be proofed thusly. then we'll bunker down and get zachary schomburg's books into production. then it'll be spring. the snow will be gone and in its place will be books. call off the plows. get drunka nd fat with the DPW fellows. sweet liberty! i've also added a last.fm box to the right so you can leer at what we hear here in the office's sanctum. warning: it's mostly classic rock at this point. i cleaned out the itunes folder. if you have an account, lets synch up lists. we need new music.

i'm drooling at the sight of these books.

hooray for william gass.

8 comments:

Brooklyn said...

I love your new format! I had a color (but greener) like this once on my blog, but went with the red Last.fm widget because it made the whole thing look all communist and militant, which was only funny because it was SO ironic.

bonnie said...

i just love portsmouth.

aimee said...

if i come home and your office is covered in this: http://www.thewho.org/posters/daltrey.jpg
ala sally simpson, I will run away.

Brooklyn said...

Ay-may! You do a blogs???!

Brooklyn said...

Also. I just "sync'ed," but I don't really think that's what I did. I think what I really did was make it easier for your office to see all the embarrassing music we listen to in our office.

annarummo said...

"Daltrey s/t LP" will be my new "Lunch Poems"

i was going to say something snarky about having embarrassing songs on itunes, but right now, i'm listening to Kim Wilde. so, yeah.

....

eunuch said...

Happy Birthday you bastard. I am in the bathtub thinking about your pizza.

annarummo said...

Its not delivery, its Digiorno.